How to plant catnip
- Expand the Coco coir by placing in a medium size bowl and running warm water over it.
- Place moist coir into a container
- Sprinkle catnip seeds across the top of the moist coir.
- Lightly incorporate the seed into the soil
- Take a piece of stretch wrap and place over the container. This will ensure a moist environment for the catnip seeds to germinate.
- Once sprouted take stretch wrap off and place in a sunny place water every other day or as needed.
- To prolong the life of your catnip plants transplant them outside after the last frost in full sun. As a perennial they will grow year after year and once established is drought tolerant.