Cotton Seed Growing Instructions
- Plant into an area of full sun. Cotton will not do well in shaded areas.
- Plant into moist soil about 1 inch deep. It is important to not plant outside if the low temperature is going to be below 55 degrees
- Place the seed every 3 inches, place rows 30 inches apart. Once emerged thin so that there is a plant every 6 inches.
- during germination, Do not over-water but do not let the soil become hard and dry either
- Once cotton has emerged you may need to spray a garden insecticide. We recommend the chemical acephate, it can be found on Amazon. As the cotton grows you may need to spray again.
- Water once a week until the cotton starts to put on fruit then water twice a week.